Free online educational material on ROP is available on this website in the interest of maximizing clinical outcomes for infants at-risk for ROP.
ROP Education Module
Antonio Capone, Jr., M.D., Kimberly A. Drenser, M.D., Michael T. Trese, M.D.
Ophthalmologists who participate in ROP surveillance by remote examination and/or treatment of retinopathy of prematurity.
By participation in this course, you will learn about:
- ROP classification (per the original and updated ICROP reports)
- The pathogenesis of ROP
- The clinical appearance of the various stages of ROP
- The clinical trials which have impacted on ROP standards of care
- Evidence based ROP surveillance recommendations
- Digital photographic bedside surveillance
- Timing of ROP intervention
- ROP treatment (acute and cicatricial ROP)
- Factors impacting on visual outcome
- Features of ROP in formerly premature adults
- Risk-management considerations for those providing ROP services
Detailed information for parents of premature and formerly premature infants is available at the website of the Ropard Foundation.
The Web pages and Web-based applications hosted by the FocusROP require a minimum (or higher) Web browser of Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0, Mozilla Firefox 3.6, Apple Safari 4, Google Chrome 10, or any other Web browser that is fully compatible with these browsers.